Love nonfiction books? So do I, so much so that just like I did last year, as part of The Nester‘s annual “31 Days of” linkup, I’m writing about “31 Days of Great Nonfiction Reads.” Except I already did that last year, so we’ll just call it More “31 Days of Great Nonfiction.”
Some books you may know and love. Some may be completely unfamiliar. I’ve got books published from before I was born, and one published this year. There are memoirs (ok, lots of memoirs), history, adventure, productivity, and I-don’t-even-know-how-to-classify-them.
I don’t expect every book I list will appeal to every reader, but I do hope that there will be some books to appeal to everyone. And maybe you’ll find several to add to your “to be read” stack.
Please join me beginning October 1, and every day during October I’ll be sharing about a nonfiction book (or books) that I recommend as a great read.
If this sounds good to you, you can subscribe and not miss a post:
You can also subscribe via email.
- My Berlin Kitchen by Luisa Weiss
- The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown
- Casting with a Fragile Thread by Wendy Kann
- No Way Down by Graham Bowley
- Ungarnished Truth by Ellie Mathews
- Deeply Loved by Keri Wyatt Kent
- A Jump for Life by Ruth Altbeker Cyprys
- Happier at Home by Gretchen Rubin
- The Grand Tour by Agatha Christie
- All the Money in the World by Laura Vanderkam
- Answering 911: Life in the Hot Seat by Caroline Burau
- Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
- A Year of Biblical Womanhood by Rachel Held Evans
- Endurance: An Epic of Polar Adventure by F. A. Worsley
- 31 Days of Great Nonfiction, Twitterature-Style – 9 fantastic books reviewed earlier this year:
- Bread and Wine by Shauna Niequist.
- Dinner a Love Story
- Kitchen Counter Cooking School by Kathleen Flinn
- Call the Midwife by Jennifer Worth
- Death’s Acre by Bill Bass and Jon Jefferson
- Under a Flaming Sky by Daniel James Brown
- Memoir Project by Marion Roach Smith
- The 7 Experimentby Jen Hatmaker
- Apple of My Eye by Helene Hanff
- The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson
- Code Talker by Chester Nez
- Traffic by Tom Vanderbilt
- Sounds Like Home by Mary Herring Wright
- Loving the Little Years: Motherhood in the Trenches by Rachel Jankovic
- The Flamboya Tree: Memories of a Mother’s Wartime Courage by Clara Olink Kelly
- Kicked, Bitten, and Scratched by Amy Sutherland
- Maman’s Homesick Pie: A Persian Heart in an American Kitchen by Donia Bijan
- The Joy of x: A Guided Tour of Math, from One to Infinity by Steven Strogatz
- Little by Little: A Writer’s Education by Jean Little
- Wired for Story by Lisa Cron
- Bittersweet: Thoughts on Change, Grace, and Learning the Hard Way by Shauna Niequist
- The Girls of Atomic City: The Untold Story of the Women Who Helped Win World War II by Denise Kiernan
- Teasing Secrets from the Dead by Emily Craig
- In a Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson
- Chasing Daylight: How My Forthcoming Death Transformed My Life by Eugene O’Kelly
Button design by Elizabeth Johnson.