I feel like all I do lately is say the same stuff. We were sick again in February (stomach bug, and then fever/cough mess), and then I had to work to take care of things that got ignored while we were sick.
None of the sickness was that bad (ok, the stomach bug was bad, but it was short-lived), but multiplying it by 4 and suddenly even somewhat mild illness can take out a week or more of our lives. I hadn’t fully appreciated that fact before having 3 kids who like to share germs with each other, and with me. So, it’s really not that we’re sick all the time usually, or that things are especially bad when we are sick.It’s that the kids seem to take it in turns to draw out the experience. 🙂
February 2017 in Stats
Books Read This Month: 10
Books Read This Year: 20
Things That Happened
- In the Facebook book club we discussed on Moloka’i.
- G received his probationary black belt in taekwondo, and H received her blue belt.
- My in-person book club discussed The Year of Living Danishly. I thought the discussion added a lot to the book.
- G finished Sonlight’s level B, and started the second half of world history with Bookshark’s level 2.
- Menu planning fail: I planned and shopped for meals, and then illness kept me from fixing them (or even moving things to the freezer when that would have worked). We had a ton of food waste this month.
- R is overhauling his diet, so I’m working on figuring out what that means for our dinner routines.
What I’m Anticipating in March
- Book club – And Then There Were None for my in-person book club and Emma in the Facebook group.
- Basketball ends for G, and softball begins for H.
- Spring Break, maybe. I’m not sure if we’ll be taking a true break or not. It’ll probably depend on if they end up with play dates arranged with friends, or if neighbors are outside playing.
Books I Read in February
- The Cold Cold Ground by Adrian McKinty
- How The Light Gets In by Louise Penny
- The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman
- Leaving Everything Most Loved by Jacqueline Winspear
- Manna from Hades by Carola Dunn
- The Face of a Stranger by Anne Perry
- Extra Virgin by Gabriele Corcos and Debi Mazar
- Moloka’i by Alan Brennert
- Unstuffed: Decluttering Your Home, Mind, and Soul by Ruth Soukup
- Legacy of the Dead by Charles Todd
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting The Deliberate Reader!