We finished our Kindergarten curriculum faster than I expected, so rather than taking an extended break, we went right into our 1st Grade curriculum, beginning in March 2015. Son “G” will turn 6 in July 2015, and I’m hoping to stretch things out before finishing his 1st Grade Core. We’ll see how that works.
I also have two younger daughters, “H” turning 4 in June 2015, and baby “M” who will be 1 in August 2015.
We are using Sonlight‘s Core A as the foundation for our 1st grade year, supplemented with material from Timberdoodle (especially their hands-on items and games). I love how Timberdoodle lets me customize their curriculum sets to get what I need and don’t need exactly – makes it so nice when I’m using something else as my main curriculum, and looking to them as a secondary resource.
New this year for us is Math Mammoth, which we’re using along with occasional breaks of Mathematical Reasoning.
In the fall, the plan is to join AWANA again, but we may or may not rejoin the homeschool group we participated in last year.
We’re also continuing with taekwondo. G began the year as an orange belt.
For full details on these plans, see my 1st Grade Plans post.
- Homeschooling Update: First Grade Math
- Homeschooling Update: Finished with the First Quarter of Core A
- Homeschooling Update: We Have a First Grader!
- Homeschooling Update: An Unplanned Break
- Homeschooling Update: Core A Progress and Getting Ready for Summer
- A Day in the (Homeschool) Life
- Homeschooling Update: Beginning Core A
- Homeschooling Update: Plans after Finishing Core P 4/5
Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links. Thank you for supporting The Deliberate Reader!