And once you get your oils, what can you do with them? Essential oils are easy to incorporate into your daily life.
Three Ways to Use Essential Oils
- Topical – Direct application to your skin with a carrier oil or neat (without a carrier oil), to the desired area or reflexology point.
- Aromatic – Breathing the oil in, either by simply smelling the oils directly from the bottle, rubbing some onto your hands and breathing in, or diffusing in a room.
- Dietary – Add a drop or two to a glass of water, NingXia Red, juice, or swallow in a capsule. You can also cook with oils.
I’ve Got the Premium Starter Kit – What Can I Do with Essential Oils It Includes?
Diffuse oils to improve moods or create a relaxing atmosphere.
- Create a calm and relaxing atmosphere by diffusing Lavender (especially at night!), Tea Tree, or AromaEase.
- Clean the air of foul or stale odors by diffusing Purification or Thieves.
- Freshen the air and uplift the spirit by diffusing Orange, Lemon, or Citrus Fresh.
- Provide soothing steam and a comforting aroma by diffusing RC.
- Enrich prayer, yoga, or meditation by diffusing Frankincense for a deeper spiritual connection.
- Curb the desire to snack by diffusing Peppermint.
- Make the atmosphere positive and calm by diffusing Copaiba.
Apply oils topically
Always follow the dilution guide on the bottle, and you can apply Copaiba with other essential oils to amplify their effect.
- Nourish and enhance your skin by adding Lavender, Frankincense, Tea Tree, or Purification to your favorite all-natural and unscented moisturizer.
- Encourage relaxation by massaging Lavender into the soles of feet before bedtime.
- Help alleviate nervous energy by rubbing Frankincense on the bottom of your feet.
- Provide a comforting aroma by applying RC, AromaEase, or PanAway to neck and chest.
- Ease stressed muscles or other occasional physical discomfort by rubbing PanAway across your lower back, onto the bottoms of your feet, or on your muscles.
- Relieve occasional head pressure by applying one drop of Peppermint on the temples, forehead, over the sinuses (careful to avoid contact with your eyes), and on the back of the neck. Or, try PanAway essential oil blend on your temples.
- Keep energy up by applying Peppermint to the back of the neck and shoulders throughout the day.
- Sooth minor stomach discomfort associated with travel by massaging Peppermint on the abdomen, or placing a drop on wrists.
- Support energy flow by applying AromaEase topically to feet and abdomen.
- Enjoy the outdoors annoyance-free by applying Purification.
Take (some) oils internally
- Add a drop of Lemon, Orange, Citrus Fresh, or Peppermint to a glass of water and incorporate it into your daily diet.
- Following exercise or when life is demanding, add Stress Away to water or natural fruit or vegetable juice.
- Support normal digestion by taking 1–2 drops of Peppermint or DiGize in a capsule after mealtime to help support normal digestion.
- Substitute Lemon, Orange, or Citrus Fresh for lemon or orange juice or citrus seasoning to flavor seafood, vegetables, beverages, and desserts.
- Mix Peppermint, Lemon, or Copaiba into herbal tea to enhance flavor, and combine Peppermint and Copaiba together with water to make a stimulating beverage.
- Add 1 drop of Lemon oil to NingXia Red.
- Use DiGize as a dietary supplement in water when traveling abroad.
- Add a spicy zing to hot drinks by adding 1 drop of Thieves.
Make your own cleaning and household products
Promote chemical-free living, and let your children help clean without worrying about the products you’re using.
- Create a calming or comforting atmosphere by adding Lavender to a bath.
- Freshen the air by filling a spray bottle with water and several drops of Lavender or Purification, or and spraying under beds, in closets, or anywhere there are stale odors.
- Freshen laundry by putting a few drops of Purification into the washing machine, or Lavender or Citrus Fresh on a rag and adding to your laundry dryer cycle.
- Pull out stains, brighten carpets and rugs, and leave a fresh smell in the room by adding 10-15 drops of Lemon to a gallon of carpet cleaning solution.
- Remove gum, oil, grease spots, glue, adhesive, or crayon from most surfaces with 1-2 drops of Lemon.
- Enhance the aroma of Thieves Household Cleaner by adding a few drops of Citrus Fresh.
- Thoroughly clean dishes and eliminate odors by putting a few drops of Thieves in your dishwater or dishwasher.
- Neutralize odors with Purification by adding a few drops to a cotton ball and placing in shoes, your vehicle, or air vents in various rooms.
- Freshen your refrigerator by placing a few drops of Lemon on a cotton ball and placing it inside.
I am not a medical doctor. The information provided and products mentioned are not meant to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Any statement(s) said/implied/posted have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using these products. Information obtained here is meant for educational and informational purposes only, and to motivate you to make your own wellness care and dietary decisions based upon your own research and in partnership with your health care provider. It should not be relied upon to determine dietary changes, a medical diagnosis, or courses of treatment.
Disclosure: If you sign up using my member number, I may receive compensation, which I use to support this site. Thank you for supporting The Deliberate Reader!