Hello! I’m so happy you’re here!
I’m Sheila, and I love books. I love reading them, and I love talking about what I’ve been reading, what I want to read, and the reading life.
Some of the most popular book reviews I’ve posted are:
- Doris Kearns Goodwin’s fantastic Abraham Lincoln biography Team of Rivals
- Laura Vanderkam’s motivating ebook What the Most Successful People Do On the Weekend
- Haven Kimmel’s quirky memoir A Girl Named Zippy.
- Daniel James Brown’s incredible The Boys in the Boat. Seriously – you need to read this. History brought to life in an unbelievably compelling way.
Some of my favorite posts are:
- Literary Confessions. Where I finally admit to my most embarrassing “No, I’ve Never Read It” title.
- Reading Less/Reading More. Should we read deeply or broadly? Yes.
- Library Love. Going to the library is like shopping, but oh so much better.
- How to Find Great Books to Read. Because aren’t we all looking for great books, instead of mediocre ones?
- I also gushed about Good Reads. To the tune of five posts about it: why to use it, why to track your books at all, even more reasons to use it, creating a secret group, and using a “paused” shelf.
- I highlight the advantages of Reading Multiple Books at the Same Time.
I’m a former librarian turned stay-at-home mom, but I’ve never lost my love for reading. I’ve had to scale back on the number of books I can read in a year, so I try and focus on making the most of my reading time. I read for education and enlightenment, but also for enjoyment, and I still love reading genre fiction.
I’m also a homeschooler – and no surprise, but I use a literature-rich curriculum. Love reading books with my kids! I’ve got three of them: son G, born summer 2009; daughter H, born summer 2011, and daughter M, born summer 2014. I post regularly about what we’re doing for homeschooling as well.
How to Contact Me:
I love to hear from you! You can use the contact form, or send me an email at sheila(at)deliberatereader(dot)com.