October was a lovely month – I got a lot of reading in (even with about a week in the middle where I read very little), my mother-in-law came for a visit (yay!), and I had events with friends three times. That fact is very much related to the visit. 😉
So yes, it was a lovely month.
October 2016 in Stats
Books Read This Month: 11
Books Read For The Year: 76
Things That Happened
- In the Facebook book club we discussed The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
- Belt testing passed successfully by both kids
- Soccer ended.
- Popcorn sales. Lots of popcorn sales. 😉
Best Things I Did or Saw
- We had our first field trip of the year: we rode the train from Connersville to Metamora, got to walk around the town a bit, and then ride the train back. It was fun, but I was exhausted by the end of it!
- We used a stencil to carve pumpkins for the first time, and I am a big fan.
- Not much. I feel like I was scrounging all month with meal ideas.
What I’m Anticipating in November
- Book club – The Book Thief for my in-person book club and David and Goliath in the Facebook group.
- Thanksgiving. Yummm.
- G has two Cub Scout outings – a hike in a nearby State Park, and going to the Pacers game.
- G also has basketball starting – I thought it started in January but apparently, it’s November.
- H (matybe?) has a taekwondo tournament. G will miss it because of basketball opening day.
Books I Read
- Thrice the Brinded Cat Hath Mewed by Alan Bradley
- The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle by Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving
- Moon over Soho by Ben Aaronovitch
- Under the Tuscan Sun by Frances Mayes
- David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell
- The Fairy-Tale Detectives:The Sisters Grimm by Michael Buckley
- Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes
- The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith
- The Crossing Places by Elly Griffiths
- The Case of the Missing Marquess by Nancy Springer
Previously on The Deliberate Reader
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting The Deliberate Reader!