Not many books read this month (it’s been a busy month, and I’m close to being done with a number of titles, so *hopefully* next month’s stats look a little better.) And I suppose it’s possible I could finish an extra one today, but I didn’t want to count on that. If I do, I’ll add it onto October’s recap.
September 2015 in Stats
Books Read This Month: 5
Books Read For The Year: 78
Things That Happened
- Book club retreat
- Lots of homeschool – we did school most of the month, so I feel like we’re into a good routine again now, after our summer break.
- Had a huge branch fall off our tree – apparently there was an old lightning strike that hadn’t fallen, but finally rotten enough to fall. Fortunately the kids were not in the backyard when it fell, or there could have been tragic consequences. I was out of town at the book club retreat, and found out about it through a picture my husband shared. Yikes!
Best Things I Did or Saw
- Super moon eclipse! Yes, we let the kids stay up and watch it. Yes, they were tired the next day. Still worth it.
- Asked for help with something that ended up being a huge relief. Actually, they’d already offered, and I accepted the offer, and it was *such* a help during a busy time.
- Asked for help with something else as well, and that also ended up being a huge relief. I’m still borderline-overwhelmed right now, but feeling like I can see the end, and I will manage to get what I have to finish done.
- Another week of Blue Apron, and this one chicken dish was FABULOUS. Actually, the chicken was my least-favorite part of the meal, and that’s not because the chicken was bad, but because the other components were so amazingly good. Happily I can make it again on my own – nothing in it would be difficult to find here.
- Some amazing food at the book club retreat – I think the tomato soup was my favorite of the weekend, but it’s a tough call – it was all delicious.
- Apple cider donuts from a local place that’s only offers them in September and October. They are so good.
What I’m Anticipating Next Month
- Halloween – love seeing little kids in costumes. I have an adorable owl costume for the baby that I bought for $1 at goodwill. Haven’t figured out the other kids’ costumes yet though.
- Seeing my family, which will be good, but also very bittersweet, as it’ll be the first time since my brother’s death that we’re all together without him also being there. I’m kind of dreading it in many ways, but it’s one of those “firsts” that has to happen sometime.
- I’m assuming colder temps will set in for real, so I’ve been enjoying these (probable) last few days of really warm weather. I love fall, but I’m reminding myself to appreciate not having to deal with coats and boots and gloves and all that hassle that will be here soon enough.
Books I Read
Asterisks mark ones I especially enjoyed.
- Treasuring Christ When Your Hands Are Full: Gospel Meditations for Busy Moms by Gloria Furman
- The Four Year Career by Richard Brooke
- The Harting System
- * Rock Your Network Marketing Business by Sarah Robbins
- * When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead (a reread)
Previously on The Deliberate Reader
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting The Deliberate Reader!